So for today, I want us to take a short test on emotional intelligence. This is still related to the current series on mental health which we shall be looking at for a while.
I have gotten this test from a book called Positive Mind by Julian Melgosa.
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is generally said to include three skills: emotional awareness; the ability to harness emotions and apply them to tasks like thinking and problem solving; and the ability to manage emotions, which includes regulating your own emotions and cheering up or calming down other people.
This test has 20 questions.
You will answer as ” YES IN GENERAL” and “NO IN GENERAL .”
For odd questions add 2 points for each yes and 0 for each no
For even numbered questions add 2 points for each no and 0 for each yes.
So let’s get started.
1.Do you stay calm during times of irritation?
2.Do you feel guilty or excessively uncomfortable for past mistakes?
3. Can you love and respect anyone if you decide to?
4.Do you worry excessively about the future?
5. Are you patient and tolerant with others?
6. Are you jealous?
7. Are you pleased with the way you are?
8. Do you tend to become angry and irritated?
9. Do you attain success in your relationships with other people?
10. Do you criticize yourself too much?
11. Do you come up with good solutions to interpersonal problems?
12. Do you tend to be sad and discouraged?
13. Do you easily identify the true untentions in others?
14. Do you often experience shame in yourself?
15. When you are affected or discouraged, can you inpoint the reasons?
16.Is it quite difficult for you to talk about your feelings and emotions?
17. When you are affected or discourged, do you know how to overcome this state?
18. Do you have the impression that stress never ends?
19. Do you use words of approval and praises towards those desrving them?
20. When something goes wrong, do you blame yourself harshly?
Interpretation of your results.
0-15 points – You have weak emotional
16-30 points- You are in the average zone of emotional intelligence.
Above 3o – You are endowed witha veru high emotional intelligence and with a great opportunity to attain a balanced emotional life.