I really love seeing people support each other be it through purchasing from their friends, sharing their content or links to their pages among many other ways. Up in these blogging streets, I have come across a way bloggers are using to support each other. It is termed as the “Liebster Award”.
Rules of the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Share eleven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
Personally, I have taken forever to do this and I guess this post will even end up being more of a mega “get to know me” post but I guess I’m still here for it. I will probably not follow all these rules but hey, you get a good read right?
I was nominated by 3 people who I will mention and link in this post. Thank you guys!
I was first nominated by Wendi Muchinyi. Check out her blog and instagram. Here are the questions she asked me :
- What is your definition of happiness? – Being in a situation of finding pleasure and gladness.
- What is self-love to you? – Self-love to me is giving honour to myself such that I’m in the space to do that’s which is right by me for the well being and happiness of all aspects of my life – physically, mentally, spiritually, socially etc .
- What is a fulfilled life? – One of contentment and no regrets. I recently had a conversation with someone on being content and I just believe that’s a fulfilled life. Getting to the point where you can look back at all you’ve done and you’re happy, you know you have your best efforts and everything s there’s nothing to regret. So that moment you’re content, I believe your have led a fulfilled life at least that would be it for me .
For the second one I was nominated by Mary Obondi. Do check out her blog & instagram. You can easily tell from the questions that she asked me, that she’s into style and fashion, actually I should have said fashion and style enthusiast! Girl can you dress a sis ? Let’s create some style content maybe ? She’s also a graphics designer and web developer so if you’re looking for someone to help with that, she got you. Better go check her out.
This is what she wanted to know :
- How would your 10-year-old self react to what you do? – My 10 year old self would probably be so happy and proud. I’m in the career path I wanted to be at back then so as far as she’d be concerned I made it ?
- What’s your favorite family tradition? – I guess I should probably start one because off the bat I really can’t actively bring one to mind.
- If you had only one sense (hearing, touch, sight, e.t.c), which would you want? – sight.
- How can you describe your style? – I really don’t know how I’d describe it. Perhaps people who know me can tell me? But I do know for a fact it differs depending on where you know me from or have met me because i be putting effort sometimes and other times I couldn’t even be paid to try you know.
- Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales, and why? – At first I quickly wanted to answer that I would rather be covered in fur because it’s soft and all. Since it would be on me (I am presuming as opposed to having small hairs on my skin I would have fur ). However, I imagine a lot of people would want to touch me/the fur so I think I just want scales so that most would probably be scared to touch it cause of the appearance. Either way, we still be having some freaks out here who may find that appealing, but still; scales!
- At a party, where can someone find you? – Depends,do I know someone there? If not I’ll be at a corner somewhere ready to leave! If I’m with people, then probably just wherever they are.
- Could you live without the internet, like forever? – I could. As song as someone got me a humongous stack of books/giant shelf and took care of all my bills, wants and needs. I’d probably never even leave the premises.
- Which decade do you think had the best sense of style? – The 80s and 90s.
- Would you rather be an Ugly Genius or a Hot Moron? – Ugly genius. So glad there’s no need for further explanation. Whew!
- What app can you not believe someone hasn’t made yet? – I really can’t think of one right now.
- If you would wear one color for the rest of your life, which color would it be? – I’ll just be basic and say black because then I could add all the colour I want in form of accessories, hair colour etc etc.
Finally, my girl Almaz Kireki also nominated me. Check out her blog and Instagram. Her questions are as follows :
- What would people be surprised to know about you? – Despite the fact that I have a pretty good memory ( I practically remember every conversation with someone, what they said, what they promised etc etc.) I have bouts of absent mindedness and forgetfulness here and there (short-term) last seconds. On the absent-mindedness, I am those people who if I have cash in my hands, I’ll drop it on the way then recall seconds later, or when in the kitchen I could be peeling say potatoes and end up throwing the potatoes instead of the peels. It’s like I am usually totally unaware then I snap out of it and well.. A friend of mine says it’s my mind working too fast for me to process in those moments . Either way, at least I have not tried to google a diagnosis for that, but yeah….I think I have thrown out important things like keys, cutlery etc then only realizing much later.
- What would you tell your 16 year old self? – There’s no one perfect age to do anything.
- If you were to go back in time, what would you do differently? – I’d probably always be more intentional and aware of my interactions and time spent with people especially my parents. Basically not taking any minute for granted. Life happens so fast.
- What do you consider unique to you? – My mind. People would be in for a treat were they to just spend a day knowing what goes on there.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? – This is to be honest one of those questions that’s leading to me self-reflect. Like someone might think otherwise, but personally I don’t feel like I really have accomplished something worth feeling proud of. Not even getting a degree…
- What song do you sing along to every time you hear it? – pass 😂
- What quote do you live by? – “It’s better to deserve honours and not have them than to have them and not deserve them” By Mark Twain – I’m a sucker for integrity basically!
- What is your opinion on rape and police brutality? – It’s wrong and unjustifiable. Period! Miss me with all the gray areas people try to bring up.
- When do you feel truly alive? – I feel truly alive when I travel.
- What would constitute the perfect day for you? – A slow day where I don’t do anything. So I wake up relatively late, I order all my meals and snacks for the day in, I binge watch something(s), phone on airplane mode so that I don’t get any phone calls. That’s it.
- What would you ask yourself? – What is your why for the things you do?
With all that said (answered), I would like to give a shout out to the following bloggers/blogs. I am sure you won’t miss one you will enjoy reading out of the ones listed.
1. Wambui Kogi – https://wambuikogi.com/
2. Aunty Nimu – https://www.auntynimu.com/
3. This is essential – https://www.thisisess.com/
4. Milka – https://alubokhomilly.wordpress.com/
5. Julie – https://shelfloveweb.wordpress.com/
6. Maureen – https://whyareyouneedthis.wordpress.com/
7. Michelle – https://bloomingbutterfly.me/
You can also plug other blogs that you enjoy reading or your own if you blog as well 🙂
Take care everyone ♥️
Lovely post. I would be delighted to dress you, and do a style content with you. That would be so fun! Thank you for the shout❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yaaaay! I’ll reach out 🙂
Congratulations!! I guess I’m basic too because I’d just be okay with wearing black for the rest of my life too haha!! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂 😂😂 and basic doesn’t necessarily mean boring right ?
LikeLiked by 1 person